With all of the fanfare and hype surround the imminent launch of Samsung’s new flagship smartphone, Samsung’s pinnacle of the line smartwatches, the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and Gear S3 classic are quietly receiving an upgrade. This update might convey new functions and upgrades to each equipment S3 Frontier and Classic.
The Gear S3 functions an usually-on watch face in conjunction with a steel case and rotating bezel for a conventional wristwatch facade. The conventional model’s trendy face contains virtual hour and minute hands, month and weekday sub-dials, and a simulated moon phase. The game-inspired Frontier version boasts a black end and face with timer and stopwatch sub-dials in addition to a tachymeter. A huge range of unfastened and paid watch faces also are to be had so that you can customise the dial to your liking.
Despite its classic exterior, the Samsung Gear S3 packs all the modern features you’d expect in a smartwatch under its hood. Built-in GPS can track your location and help you find your way around, and when synced to your phone via Bluetooth you can receive messages and calls and instantly respond to them via voice command. The watch gives you access to a myriad of mobile apps for shopping, streaming, and more, and is also compatible with Samsung Pay which makes it easy to instantly pay for purchases anywhere you would normally tap or swipe your credit card.
Here’s the full list of the update:
- -Watch face – You can now add Date and Music compilations to selected Watch faces.
- -Alti-Barometer – An altitude auto refresh feature has been added.
- -Samsung Health – Customizable pace-coaching feature and HR Zone information for Running has been added.
- -S Voice – You can now set a date and time when creating a Reminder.
- -News Briefing – With the improved UI, you can read the news more conveniently via the widget.
- -Settings – A TTS option has been added to the Input menu. (Additional languages are available to download)
- -Find My Device – A new feature to display your contact information on your Gear if it gets lost has been added.
- -Accessibility – New features have been added to Direct access menu including Screen Reader, Accessibility, Dark screen, Greyscale, and Negative colors.
- -iOS Support – UX enhancements and bug fixes (S Voice recognition rate, Connection Stability, and Music Transfer from PC)
- -Samsung Gear – An Auto Switch feature has been added that supports the Gear S3, S2, and Fit2, which automatically connects the Gear device being worn to the paired smartphone.
- -Stop Watch – Max time increased to 3 hours.
- -Samsung Internet for Gear – Browse the Internet with Gear (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- -New Partner Apps – BMW Connected and Spotify (download in Galaxy App Store).